Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Reader Rewards the Author

I just received an e-mail from the publisher of my book Valour in the Victory Campaign. It provides one of those rare events when I am rewarded by someone who wants to buy one of my books. The purchaser, who lives in B.C., wants to buy it because the book describes a battle that her father went through. It was the capture of Wagenborgen in the Netherlands by the Canadian Scottish in April 1945. She writes that her father never talked of the war (as is so common), but she is trying to gather material to pass on to her children, in remembrance of their grandfather. So my book will go into her collection. She has requested that I sign several books for them. That is some kind of reward for the effort I have made, knowing it will help a family remember something about this veteran/father/grandfather.

Although Valour on Juno Beach was more popular, I have always prefered Valour in the Victory Campaign because it seems to have much more content - there were so many dramatic battles in the last months of the war but they are overlooked as the war was drawing to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment